Saturday, October 9, 2010

I-171H - Check!

"It has been determined that you are able to furnish proper care to an orphan(s) as defined by Section 101(B)(1)(F) of the Immigration and Nationality Act."

Thank you very much, Department of Homeland Security and USCIS! 

We received our I-171H in the mail today.  Next week, I'll work on getting it and our updated medical forms authenticated and sent over to Kigali to complete our dossier that's already there.  Or, now that I'm thinking about it, I may wait until Harry heads to Kigali next month, and he can deliver the forms to MIGEPROF in person.

This week we also found out our number - that is, where we are in line to adopt, or at least to receive approval to adopt from the Rwandan government.  I had heard that there were almost 200 dossiers in line, so I was expecting a very high number.  As in the 190s.  But happily, we're 128.  We'll take it!

Earlier this morning, Harry said he felt led to read Psalm 128 as he was thinking about and praying for our little girl.  He walked out of the bedroom and said, "You've got to read this." 

He "happened" to read the Psalm in the Message version:
All you who fear God, how blessed you are!
how happily you walk on his smooth straight road!
You worked hard and deserve all you've got coming,
Enjoy the blessing!  Revel in the goodness!

Your wife will bear children as a vine bears grapes,
your household lush as a vineyard,
The children around your table
as fresh and promising as young olive shoots.
Stand in awe of God's Yes.
Oh, how he blesses the one who fears God!

Enjoy the good life in Jerusalem
everyday of your life.
And enjoy your grandchildren.
Peace to Israel!
Harry and I continue to marvel at how God is working in our hearts and in our family. While it's difficult to wait for our daughter, we are trusting God and committed to using this wait time wisely.  The Together for Adoption conference we attended last weekend gave us a lot to think about in preparation for the arrival of our precious third daughter.

How the Lord has blessed us already with His Presence, friends walking this journey with us, and great resources!  We stand in awe of God's Yes.

No comments: